Sunday, November 29, 2015

[In This Factory Of] Machine-Made Hearts


everyone has fallen away
frozen off or
heated thru to failing
frightened by love's enormity
or suffocated by its small footprint
no one but us left here
in this factory
of machine-made hearts

seasons fill when
backlids backlit closing tight
you pull my soul into you

every night your eyes
the rides of our lives
swelling the rivers
turning back never to before

will this love ever come
to claim me?

i pray it comes soon

because everyone else has
fallen away
frozen off or
heated thru to failing
frightened by love's enormity
or suffocated by its small footprint
no one but us left here
in this factory
of machine-made hearts

show them i'm not alone anymore
show me you're still here
show me what we've been making
with all our lives
tell me tell me tell me what you'll
show me ... what have we
been saving all our lives for?

show me
before i fall away
freeze off or
heat thru to failing
frightened by love's enormity
or suffocated by its small footprint
no one but us left here
in this factory of
machine-made hearts


*****

No comments: